Unfortunately, I can live in my head quite a lot. This wouldn’t be such a devastating thing, except that at times it prevents me from actually doing things ‘outside’ of my head. As a typical dreamer, sometimes the dreams last too long without actually doing anything and as writer Elizabeth Gilbert says ‘the magic gets bored as well’ waiting around for me to get my act together.
In the past, I have let my life drift by because of this. I have lost some of my most treasured friendships, lost opportunities to further my creativity and as dramatic as it may sound, I lost ‘me’. I forgot what it mean to be myself and to be the person I saw myself as.
And this where The #thelist comes in. My list combines those things that I wish to ‘tick off’ and achieve, but also just little elements to (hopefully) explore what it means to be real. What it means to live simply but also to live wholeheartedly and with passion.
In no particular order;
- Begin to learn a new language
- Incorporate more exercise and movement into each day
- Organise and plan at least one original gig before the end of 2016
- Go on more weekend road trips to explore our wonderful state and country
- Plan more adventures with friends
- Run 5KMs without
- Show kindness, often
- Drink more tea (yes, this is true)
- Send birthday and christmas cards
- Learn to crochet
- Take one overseas journey
- Explore the world of ‘fructose-free’ eating more thoroughly and eat food accordingly!
- Be more organised at work and with daily life duties
- Begin to meditate and do yoga (cliche, I know, but it’s needed!)
- Find a happy thought and something to smile at, each day
- Take less for granted
- Celebrate loved ones, often
- Write more handwritten notes
- Enjoy nature and it’s own artwork
- Cook more
- Play and write more music, and look for opportunities to sing and collaborate with others
- Show less fear
- Enter in a fun run/community event and actually go through with it